Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nonethewiser nonethewiser is offline

Default Coloured Bars at Top and Bottom of Pages Using Header & Footer

Hi there,

I'd like to put thick coloured bars at the top and bottom of my word 2003
document. I haven't used borders beacuse they are not thick enough.

I've drawn an autoshape rectangle that is the desired height, with a width
equivalent to the page width, coloured it and pasted it in headers/footer.
In the normal view it looks fine. I have a nice band at the top and at the
bottom
of the document.

However, in print view, the story is different.
A short white margin appears to the left and right.
It doen't matter if i resize the autoshape, change the paper size or
the header/footer distance from the edge.

Any ideas would be welcome
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is an irreducible minimum nonprintable area imposed by most printer
drivers. This is required for paper handling. Even some "borderless" photo
printers can't print clear to the edge except on smaller paper sizes (with a
special carrier) or by changing a setting in the printer Properties. Even
commercial printers can print "full bleed" only by printing on larger paper
and then trimming.