Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
behind the counter person behind the counter person is offline

Default page format changes

This is an example of the problem. When I center for a title enter twice for
spacing then left justify, it all shifts left. Also if I left justify and
enter for new line and center for a subtitle it all goes to center. I have
changes style and removed autoformat options that apply. Nothing works. Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
behind the counter person behind the counter person is offline

Thank you for the link but I have already been there and it didn't help. It
doesn't matter what style I put it in, it the centering affects the whole
document. Any other advice?

m wrote in message
This is an example of the problem. When I center for a title enter twice
for
spacing then left justify, it all shifts left. Also if I left justify and
enter for new line and center for a subtitle it all goes to center. I have
changes style and removed autoformat options that apply. Nothing works.
Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
behind the counter person behind the counter person is offline

Suzanne, thank you for your information. It lead me to the solution. I had
to delete all non-original formats then uncheck the autoformat. This
computer was used by another employee before me with many styles added.
Thanks again.

m wrote in message
This is an example of the problem. When I center for a title enter twice
for
spacing then left justify, it all shifts left. Also if I left justify and
enter for new line and center for a subtitle it all goes to center. I have
changes style and removed autoformat options that apply. Nothing works.
Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As you have seen, if "Automatically update" is enabled for a style that is
being used as the based on (or parent) style for many other styles, style
inheritance comes into the mix and causes additional confusion. As described
in the article, this usually happens with the Normal style, but you might
get a similar mess with custom styles (especially if styles haven't been
used consistently through-out the document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP