Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dov Dov is offline

Default Help (please) numbering ms word 2007 doc

I have a large document and would like to create a footer which includes a
section or chapter - page number. I found a knowledge base article to help
and removed all section 1's renaming 1 to 2, 2 to 3 etc. Then I created a
section 1 in hidden text font and voila my section and page numbers appeared
in the footer and the toc. But now all my head 2's are wrong - they show 1.2
where they should be 1.1 (obviously because they fall below the section 1).
Is there a way to start renumbering section 2's with 1.0?

Don't know if I explained this well enough but it's kept me up for the past
3 nights.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't follow what you've done and don't know what KB article you read, but
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm for a description
of how it's supposed to be done.