Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PHF PHF is offline

Default Paragraph Numbering with Leading Zeros

We want to number like the following:
[0001]
[0002]
etc, with 4 characters, and leading zero.

However Word will append zeros ahead of your number if you use the custom
numbering feature of Microsoft Word 2002/2003.

I found the SEQ field code workaround online,

{ SEQ test \# "[0000]" }

but this method is not ideal because it isn't automatically applied, like
the normal word numbering is.

Any ideas so that we can have leading zeros, 4 characters, and automatically
format like normal word formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi PHF,

By customising the appropriate Heading Style in Word, you can get a single leading 0 (for numbers from 1-9), plus you can include
the square brackets, if you wish. Heading number Styles with more than one leading 0 are not supported, however.

--
Cheers
macropod

Printing leading zeros Simo Mailmerge 1 November 20th 07 03:07 PM
how do i display leading zeros when mail merge to Word doc relo Mailmerge 1 June 16th 07 03:57 AM
dropping leading zeros in mail merge Jim Mailmerge 3 June 17th 05 07:02 AM
Still have Issues with leading zeros after applying switches Zachary Mailmerge 3 February 6th 05 10:30 PM
Mail Merge Dropping leading zeros richard via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 1 February 4th 05 10:58 PM