Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ANNEEE ANNEEE is offline

Default how do i turn off draft layout

SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When you
click on the Print Layout button, do you not see a page with blue space on
either side? Perhaps you are confused by not seeing the top and bottom
margins? If so, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ANNEEE ANNEEE is offline

thanks suzanne

yes, I have recently started to work in Word 2007. The Print layout button
does not seem to work as it immediately reverts to draft. other buttons - eg
web layout and outline work but not print layout. Also it seems that the
document cannot print from draft. This is not the case for all my documents
as some of these seem fine - are in print view and able to print. Had a look
at your website but it doesn't address this problem.

I'm appreciative of any further help you can give

anne
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When you

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ANNEEE ANNEEE is offline

hi again suzanne

hopefully you are still around

I have lost the toolbar with some of my documents, can you advise how i
should get it back

thanks

anne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When you

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word 2007 doesn't have any toolbars; are you referring to the Ribbon? You
may just have it minimized. If you still see what looks like a menu bar, you
can click on any tab to open it (it will close again when you click back in
the document), or you can double-click a tab to redisplay the Ribbon.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When
you

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO
BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It definitely sounds as if you have some problems. As a test, try opening
Word in Safe Mode: close Word and then restart it holding down the Ctrl key.
You'll be asked if you want to start in Safe Mode; say yes.

If things work normally in Safe Mode, this indicates a problem with
Normal.dotm, the Word Data key in the Registry, an add-in, or possibly a
problem printer driver. If you have an HP printer, some of these have been
causing a lot of problems, but we've also been seeing reports of a variety
of problems that are best solved by refreshing the Word Data key. For
instructions on the latter, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. Ignore the problem
descriptions in that article and just go straight to the part that tells how
to locate the key (you'll be looking for version 12) and delete it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When
you

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO
BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ANNEEE ANNEEE is offline

Hi Suzanne

Thanks again for your help.

I've searched all around the screen for something that will restore the
ribbon but cannot find it - techie husband has searched also

Put it into safe mode and ribbon is back on documents but the print layout
key seems still to be disabled

Will refreshing the Word Data Key help in this instance?

anne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007? When
you

"ANNEEE" wrote in message
SOME OF MY DOCUMENTS ARE IN DRAFT LAYOUT. I'M NOT ABLE TO PRINT FROM
THESE
AND I ALSO PREFER TO WORK WITH PRINT LAYOUT, HOWEVER, I DON'T SEEM TO
BE
ABLE TO CHANGE IT AS IF I CLICK ON PRINT LAYOUT IT REMAINS ON DRAFT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If there are problems still in Safe Mode, then no, nothing you could do
(Word Data key or anything else) would be likely to help. Is there somewhere
that you could post a screen shot of what you're seeing? For example, with
the Ribbon minimized, I see a title bar at the top and then something looks
like the old-fashioned Menu Bar that says Home Insert Page Layout References
Mailings Review View, etc. and then my QAT below it and the ruler below
that. If I click on Home or Insert or whatever, that tab will open
temporarily. Or I can right-click on the "menu bar" (which is really the
tabs of the Ribbon and click on "Minimize the Ribbon" (to deselect it), the
Ribbon reappears. The same if I double-click on any of the tabs.

At the bottom of the screen, I see the status bar, with the five View
buttons in a row, Print Layout, Full Screen Reading, and so on down to
Draft. In Draft view the entire screen is white; in Print Layout view there
is a white page with blue on either side. If I have the Zoom increased to
(in my case) 170%, then I still see white all the way across (but of course
the text would be gigantic). I'd still see my margins because I have text
boundaries enabled, which I imagine you don't.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Draft and Print Layout are just views of the same thing. If your
document
looks the same in Draft and Print Layout views, then that's what it
looks
like. You should be able to print (or Print Preview) from any view.

From your use of the term "Draft" I assume you're using Word 2007?
When
you