Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Super H Super H is offline

Default Normal layout O.k. Print layout Truncated

I have a 22 page web document with tables I have copied and pasted into Word.
I can see the document o.k. in Normal View but when I select Print Layout it
truncates the table and does not display any part of the table which runs
onto a subsequent page. Thus when it prints information is missing. In Print
view the document is only 16 pages long.
Any ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Super

Super H wrote:
I have a 22 page web document with tables I have copied and pasted into Word.
I can see the document o.k. in Normal View but when I select Print Layout it
truncates the table and does not display any part of the table which runs
onto a subsequent page. Thus when it prints information is missing. In Print
view the document is only 16 pages long.

understandable: Normal View can display, for instance, objects that are
wider than fit on the page subject to size, margins, etc. The tables
from a given HTML page may easily be wider. Try rotating the page to
landscape.

As to truncating a table in the vertical direction, hmm. It could be set
to anything other than "inline" (with text), and such objects cannot
span more than one page as well.

HTH
Robert
--