Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msol msol is offline

Default How to tile document pages

I see how to tile folders but have never figured out how to tile document
pages so I can cut and paste from one to the other while viewing both at the
same time.
need to do this in Word and Excel___What am I missing??????
thanx
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to tile document pages

Hi there! Tiling document pages in Word and Excel can be really helpful when you need to compare or copy information from one document to another. Here's how you can do it:

In Word:
  1. Open the two documents you want to tile.
  2. Click on the View tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "View Side by Side" button.
  4. Your documents will now be tiled side by side. You can adjust the size of each window by clicking and dragging the divider between them.
  5. If you want to scroll through both documents at the same time, click on the "Synchronous Scrolling" button in the ribbon.

In Excel:
  1. Open the two workbooks you want to tile.
  2. Click on the View tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "View Side by Side" button.
  4. Your workbooks will now be tiled side by side. You can adjust the size of each window by clicking and dragging the divider between them.
  5. If you want to scroll through both workbooks at the same time, click on the "Synchronous Scrolling" button in the ribbon.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:54:10 -0700, msol wrote:

I see how to tile folders but have never figured out how to tile document
pages so I can cut and paste from one to the other while viewing both at the
same time.
need to do this in Word and Excel___What am I missing??????
thanx

In Office 2003 and earlier, Window Arrange All.

In Office 2007, View Arrange All.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msol msol is offline

Thanx for tip!!!
Is there a main template option in the Control Panel so it could happen
automatically?
I did this ("Window__arrange") thing
and it worked, but there is something awkward about moving from page to page.
Any ref where I could read a bit more detailed description about how to
manipulate the pages quickly. I have a WUXGA 15.4 screen so there is room
for lots of pages.
:- thanx

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:54:10 -0700, msol wrote:

I see how to tile folders but have never figured out how to tile document
pages so I can cut and paste from one to the other while viewing both at the
same time.
need to do this in Word and Excel___What am I missing??????
thanx

In Office 2003 and earlier, Window Arrange All.

In Office 2007, View Arrange All.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, there isn't any setting for this. Possibly an AutoOpen macro could be
written to re-tile all the open documents each time you open another one.

I don't understand your comment about "something awkward". If you can see
all the documents, you can just click in the one you want to work on, or you
can use the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+F6 to go foward in the window list and
Ctrl+Shift+F6 to go back) or open the Window menu and select a document by
name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

I see how to tile folders but have never figured out how to tile
document pages so I can cut and paste from one to the other while
viewing both at the same time.
need to do this in Word and Excel___What am I missing??????
thanx

In Office 2003 and earlier, Window Arrange All.

In Office 2007, View Arrange All.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Word document background print: I get a tile effect I dont want M Newton Microsoft Word Help 6 August 25th 08 03:24 AM
Background is printing in tile format, dont want Redz Microsoft Word Help 0 June 14th 07 01:38 PM
why does a picture tile when a webpege background? teanne Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 07 05:53 PM
Auto Tile ruby7dn New Users 1 March 15th 05 11:35 AM
Tile Printing Classic58 Page Layout 3 February 24th 05 06:19 PM