Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
********Meg ********Meg is offline

Default headers /footers

hi,

I'm using word 2003 to create stationary for my office. Many of the
computers use, believe it or not, Word 97.
Okay, now that you stopped laughing.

We successfully created a header and footer and with a section break that
creates a different footer on the 2nd page...or I should say, the same
footer, but no header.

The problem is that when people only use 1 page and they delete the 2nd
page, the header and footer disappear. (on the first page)

I am trying to create separate stationary for 1 page and for 2 pages, but
now that I have created the section break and unlinked the previous header
to the 2nd page, when I delete the section break, both the header and footer
(on both pages) get deleted.

I hope this makes sense.

Windows XP

Meg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of using a Section Break, use the Different First Page option that
can be set via the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog.

Starting with just a one page template, set up the footer that you want for
the second page, then set the Different First Page option (the footer that
you set up for the second page will disappear, but don't worry, it will
reappear when/if there is a second page) and then set up the header and
footer that you want to appear on the first page.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"********Meg" wrote in message
hi,

I'm using word 2003 to create stationary for my office. Many of the
computers use, believe it or not, Word 97.
Okay, now that you stopped laughing.

We successfully created a header and footer and with a section break that
creates a different footer on the 2nd page...or I should say, the same
footer, but no header.

The problem is that when people only use 1 page and they delete the 2nd
page, the header and footer disappear. (on the first page)

I am trying to create separate stationary for 1 page and for 2 pages, but
now that I have created the section break and unlinked the previous header
to the 2nd page, when I delete the section break, both the header and
footer (on both pages) get deleted.

I hope this makes sense.

Windows XP

Meg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
********Meg ********Meg is offline

thanks, I will try that, but now I have the template set with the two pages
and can't delete the 2nd page.

"********Meg" wrote in message
hi,

I'm using word 2003 to create stationary for my office. Many of the
computers use, believe it or not, Word 97.
Okay, now that you stopped laughing.

We successfully created a header and footer and with a section break that
creates a different footer on the 2nd page...or I should say, the same
footer, but no header.

The problem is that when people only use 1 page and they delete the 2nd
page, the header and footer disappear. (on the first page)

I am trying to create separate stationary for 1 page and for 2 pages, but
now that I have created the section break and unlinked the previous
header to the 2nd page, when I delete the section break, both the header
and footer (on both pages) get deleted.

I hope this makes sense.

Windows XP

Meg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is that can't, or don't want to. You don't have to. If you check the
different first page option and access the header and footer area when the
first page is in view, you will get to the first page header/footer area.
If you do it when the second page is in view, you will get to the primary
header/footer area.

--

"********Meg" wrote in message
hi,

I'm using word 2003 to create stationary for my office. Many of the
computers use, believe it or not, Word 97.
Okay, now that you stopped laughing.

We successfully created a header and footer and with a section break
that creates a different footer on the 2nd page...or I should say, the
same footer, but no header.

The problem is that when people only use 1 page and they delete the 2nd
page, the header and footer disappear. (on the first page)

I am trying to create separate stationary for 1 page and for 2 pages,
but now that I have created the section break and unlinked the previous
header to the 2nd page, when I delete the section break, both the header
and footer (on both pages) get deleted.

I hope this makes sense.

Windows XP

Meg

Headers and Footers TimJim Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 07 10:16 AM
Headers & Footers Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 6 February 24th 06 01:31 AM
Headers and Footers M Tables 6 January 27th 06 04:07 PM
Headers & Footers kuze Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 10:46 PM
Headers and Footers Penfold Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 12:24 AM