Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barc Barc is offline

Default Envelope delivery address location

One of my users says that the default delivery address location has changed,
moving the addresses too far to the left. Although I'm not sure that it's
moved, she would still like to be able to modify the default location further
to the right.

When I moved the location manually, there was no option available to set
this posotion as the default.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The delivery address position is defined in the Envelope Address style,
which includes a frame whose position can be changed. Within that frame, the
address is, by default, greatly indented; if this indent is removed (as a
result of failure to understand why it's there), the result would be an
address too far to the left.

As to why the address is indented so far within the frame, the only reason I
have been able to come up with is that the frame is designed so that
unindented text could be used for a line (above the address) such as FIRST
CLASS MAIL.

"Barc" wrote in message
news
One of my users says that the default delivery address location has
changed,
moving the addresses too far to the left. Although I'm not sure that it's
moved, she would still like to be able to modify the default location
further
to the right.

When I moved the location manually, there was no option available to set
this posotion as the default.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barc Barc is offline

OK, I've got into the Modify Style dialog for Envelope Style. This does not
look like an envelope as Word prints them. It looks like a page of a letter
in which an address has been set off from the normal text. Is this right?

Clicking the Format button says that the left indent is only 2", which can't
be the right one for printing envelopes. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong
style.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The delivery address position is defined in the Envelope Address style,
which includes a frame whose position can be changed. Within that frame, the
address is, by default, greatly indented; if this indent is removed (as a
result of failure to understand why it's there), the result would be an
address too far to the left.

As to why the address is indented so far within the frame, the only reason I
have been able to come up with is that the frame is designed so that
unindented text could be used for a line (above the address) such as FIRST
CLASS MAIL.

"Barc" wrote in message
news
One of my users says that the default delivery address location has
changed,
moving the addresses too far to the left. Although I'm not sure that it's
moved, she would still like to be able to modify the default location
further
to the right.

When I moved the location manually, there was no option available to set
this posotion as the default.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The style is indented 2" inside the frame. If you look at the rest of the
style definition (in the Style dialog before you click on Modify), you'll
see a lot of verbiage that describes the frame position, or you can select
Format | Frame in the Modify Style dialog to see the frame positioning in
the Format Frame dialog. Perhaps the best way to see what Word is doing is
to use the Add to Document button in the Envelopes dialog. When you click on
the address, you should see the frame border.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The delivery address position is defined in the Envelope Address style,
which includes a frame whose position can be changed. Within that frame,
the
address is, by default, greatly indented; if this indent is removed (as a
result of failure to understand why it's there), the result would be an
address too far to the left.

As to why the address is indented so far within the frame, the only
reason I
have been able to come up with is that the frame is designed so that
unindented text could be used for a line (above the address) such as
FIRST
CLASS MAIL.

news