Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
debussy muir debussy muir is offline

Default How do I get rid of ALL page breaks in a Word 2007 document?

Word 2007 seems to INSIST that a document have page breaks. I do not want ANY
page breaks -- simply an endless sheet of white paper.

I could do this in an earlier version of Word. But now it appears I'm
required to have page breaks, plus individual pages set against a background
color -- and I want neither of these things.

Many thanks for your help.

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
debussy muir[_2_] debussy muir[_2_] is offline

I think I've answered my own question.

I'm new to Word 2007, and each document was automatically shown in Print
Layout view. I finally figured out that if I put the document into Draft
view, it gives me the uncluttered continuous document that I want to see.

Don

---------------------------------

"debussy muir" wrote:

Word 2007 seems to INSIST that a document have page breaks. I do not want ANY
page breaks -- simply an endless sheet of white paper.

I could do this in an earlier version of Word. But now it appears I'm
required to have page breaks, plus individual pages set against a background
color -- and I want neither of these things.

Many thanks for your help.

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounds as if what you are used to is Normal view, which in Word 2007 is
called Draft view. I doubt that you care, but be aware that Draft view in
Word 2007 is not as WYSIWYG as Normal view in previous versions. You can get
the best of both worlds by staying in Print Layout view and hiding the
"white space between pages."