Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RayD RayD is offline

Default Footers in Word 2003

I have a 99 page document that has about 80 sections that I inserted into an
existing document and I need to insert the page numbers into the footer. Is
there any way to insert these numbers without going to each section and
selecting "connect to previous"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

RayD wrote:
I have a 99 page document that has about 80 sections that I inserted
into an existing document and I need to insert the page numbers into
the footer. Is there any way to insert these numbers without going to
each section and selecting "connect to previous"?

Use a macro like this (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if
needed):

Sub ConnectAllFooters()
Dim mySec As Section
For Each mySec In ActiveDocument.Sections
mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).LinkToPreviou s = True

'if you have "different first page", uncomment this:
'mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).LinkToPrev ious = True

'if you have "different odd and even", uncomment this:
'mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).LinkToPrev ious = True
Next
End Sub

Here, "uncomment" means to delete the apostrophe at the start of the line.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman