Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Balilee Balilee is offline

Default Background image prints out in tiles - why?

I'm trying to create a background to a word document with an image. In
preview it fills the page, but when printed in comes out in repeated tiles.
Why is it doing this and what can I do to print as the preview shows?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James James is offline

Add the background (format -- background --- fill effects --- texture) as
a texture and it will show up fine. I had the same issue when adding an
image background.

"Balilee" wrote:

I'm trying to create a background to a word document with an image. In
preview it fills the page, but when printed in comes out in repeated tiles.
Why is it doing this and what can I do to print as the preview shows?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Backgrounds - especially Textures - are small pattern fills which repeat to
cover the "page" but are not sufficient resolution for printing. They're
intended for onscreen display (such as web pages). The tiling isn't
noticeable on screen, but it most definitely is noticeable when printed.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/30/08 12:24 PM, in article