Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grasshopper1947 grasshopper1947 is offline

Default My Right Margin is Misbehaving

Windows XP
Word 2000

For years whenever I opened a new document and looked at the horizontal
ruler, I saw a shaded area which started between the numbers 6 and 7 and
extended to the right.

But suddenly the shaded area went away and I don't get the automatic
wrapping which I used to. The text just keeps going to the right edge of the
whole window and then starts over from the left.

Please help.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grasshopper1947 grasshopper1947 is offline

By the way, I have played with the Tools / Options / wrap to window
checkbox.
It has apparently stopped functioning. There is no difference in the
wrapping of the text whether it is checked or not. I'm leaving it UN-checked,
though.

"grasshopper1947" wrote:

Windows XP
Word 2000

For years whenever I opened a new document and looked at the horizontal
ruler, I saw a shaded area which started between the numbers 6 and 7 and
extended to the right.

But suddenly the shaded area went away and I don't get the automatic
wrapping which I used to. The text just keeps going to the right edge of the
whole window and then starts over from the left.

Please help.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
grasshopper1947 grasshopper1947 is offline

(this is embarrassing) .. . . . . . . .

But I found the problem.
I was in Web Layout view.

But hey! It sure was nice talking to y'all.

Say goodnight grasshopper.