Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Exit a table in Word

When putting a table in a microsoft word doc if you dont have any text below
its impossible to exit the table the only way i have found is either a. do a
ctrl-enter or b. put some carriage returns in before inserting the table.

So looking for is there any easier key stroke to jump out of the table and
start typing text below the table?

--
Thanks
Scotty
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Exit a table in Word

Hi Scotty,

Yes, there is an easier way to exit a table in Microsoft Word. You can simply press the "Tab" key on your keyboard when you are in the last cell of the table. This will move your cursor to the first cell of the next row, outside of the table.

If you don't have any text below the table, you can
  1. press "Enter" after you press "Tab" to create a new paragraph and start typing outside of the table.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

What version of Word are you working in? Are you displaying your
non-Printing Characters (Show/Hide ¶ button) ? I've been trying to NOT get
an empty line below a table and I am unable to do so in Word 2003 or Word
2007 so far.

One trick I have learned is if you insert a table at the very beginning of a
document and need to enter information ABOVE the table, you can hit CTRL+HOME
on your keyboard and then hit ENTER and you should get a blank line ABOVE the
table.

"Scotty" wrote:

When putting a table in a microsoft word doc if you dont have any text below
its impossible to exit the table the only way i have found is either a. do a
ctrl-enter or b. put some carriage returns in before inserting the table.

So looking for is there any easier key stroke to jump out of the table and
start typing text below the table?

--
Thanks
Scotty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scotty Scotty is offline

Im using Word 2007 but i have run into this in the past in previous versions.

I am not showing printing characters. But your comment gave me an idea and i
just found the answer ctrl-end will kick you out and put you right under the
table.

--
Thanks
Scotty

"Scotty" wrote:

When putting a table in a microsoft word doc if you dont have any text below
its impossible to exit the table the only way i have found is either a. do a
ctrl-enter or b. put some carriage returns in before inserting the table.

So looking for is there any easier key stroke to jump out of the table and
start typing text below the table?

--
Thanks
Scotty

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can also use the right arrow key. Or just click below the table in the
empty paragraph that will be there. This is decidedly easier if you have
nonprinting characters displayed.