philip81 philip81 is offline
Junior Member

Default Copying tables from Excel

Hi,

I have come across a very annoying problem, trying to do the simplest thing imagineable. I have been trying to copy a table from Excel to Word, and the phrases "top of form" and "bottom of form" are getting included before and after the text in some cells. It makes no difference whether formatting marks are being displayed or not. I can manually delete these phrases, but that causes visible lines to appear, and makes formatting the cells uniformly impossible. Any ideas?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"philip81" wrote:

Hi,

I have come across a very annoying problem, trying to do the simplest
thing imagineable. I have been trying to copy a table from Excel to
Word, and the phrases "top of form" and "bottom of form" are getting
included before and after the text in some cells. It makes no
difference whether formatting marks are being displayed or not. I can
manually delete these phrases, but that causes visible lines to appear,
and makes formatting the cells uniformly impossible. Any ideas?

What Word version?
Describe how you copied the Excel table into Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi philip,

Have you checked the Excel cells to ensure "top of form" and "bottom of form" aren't in them - it's quite possible for an Excel cell
to contain text that isn't displayed (it should appear in the formula bar when the cell concerned is selected).

--
Cheers
macropod

"philip81" wrote in message news

Hi,

I have come across a very annoying problem, trying to do the simplest
thing imagineable. I have been trying to copy a table from Excel to
Word, and the phrases "top of form" and "bottom of form" are getting
included before and after the text in some cells. It makes no
difference whether formatting marks are being displayed or not. I can
manually delete these phrases, but that causes visible lines to appear,
and makes formatting the cells uniformly impossible. Any ideas?

Thank you.

--
philip81

Copying tables from doc to doc Sprowler Tables 1 May 26th 07 01:09 AM
Copying Excel Tables Into Word janell81002 Tables 2 November 3rd 06 07:23 PM
Copying excel tables into word document Pat Gurgdiel Page Layout 5 August 7th 06 03:01 PM
COPYING TABLES Aurora Tables 1 June 1st 06 05:00 PM
Copying tables from Excel to Word EXACTLY Chris O. Tables 2 July 20th 05 07:31 AM