Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jerry Dignos Jerry Dignos is offline

Default Table Cannot with Bullet Cannot Be Proctected?

Hi! this is my first time here.

My document in Word2003 has contained a table with bullets on it. I cannot
protect it as Read only (locked for editing)the "Start Enforce" is grayed
out. I disabled the "Control Toolbox as well the Exit Designed Mode" but no
effect.

I opened another Word file without table and it works perfectly here. Just
the document with Table and bullets for Resume, and I am desperately ended
up with no result in protecting this document. Somebody help me please...

Jay

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1018-1.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Jerry Dignos" wrote:

Hi! this is my first time here.

My document in Word2003 has contained a table with bullets on it. I cannot
protect it as Read only (locked for editing)the "Start Enforce" is grayed
out. I disabled the "Control Toolbox as well the Exit Designed Mode" but no
effect.

I opened another Word file without table and it works perfectly here. Just
the document with Table and bullets for Resume, and I am desperately ended
up with no result in protecting this document. Somebody help me please...

And if you remove the bullet formatting from the paragraphs in the table,
can you proceed then?

Or, as a better test:
Create a scratch copy of the document by Saving As.
Remove the table from that document.
Can you enforce the protection now?

If you can, the table is corrupted, rebuild it.

If not, maybe the document is corrupted?

What Word version?
What else do you have in the document, besides a table?
Anything particular about this document (the way it was created, its
content, ActiveX elements, etc.)