Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve_Ray Steve_Ray is offline

Default Shifting column 'border lines' when columns are inserted or moved

Was inserting columns ever improved after WORD 2003 (the version I use)?

I always dread having to do any kind of editing that involved
inserting/deleting/moving columns, since the results are always unpredictable.

Once these actions are done, border lines shift in certain rows, and header
rows often behave as if they are actually separate tables.

Do later versions still have this problem?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MartinH MartinH is offline

Exactly the same problem exists with Microsoft Frontpage. I think Microsoft's
marquee software is broken. I never have the same problem with Dreamweaver or
other such table design software.