Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen VM Karen VM is offline

Default Text Boxes

Is it possible to get a text box in a table to move with the text, eg, in a
header row, if the level of the heading row changes, eg, Heading 1 to Heading
2, more numbers, the text box used to "hide" the word "cont'd" on the first
page of a table now covers part of the table title too because of the
increase in numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Karen VM" wrote:

Is it possible to get a text box in a table to move with the text, eg, in a
header row, if the level of the heading row changes, eg, Heading 1 to Heading
2, more numbers, the text box used to "hide" the word "cont'd" on the first
page of a table now covers part of the table title too because of the
increase in numbers.

it is possible to get an object to move vertically with text, but it seems
you need the object to move horizontally. Since it is floating over some
text ("Cont'd"), I am afraid that you will have to adjust it manually.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can set the horizontal position to a specific amount "Relative to
Character," and this might work in this instance if the anchor character
were one that wouldn't move (or that would move in the same way as the text
being covered up (I'm not clear from the OP's message whether it's the table
caption or the anchor text that's changing length).

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
"Karen VM" wrote:

Is it possible to get a text box in a table to move with the text, eg, in
header row, if the level of the heading row changes, eg, Heading 1 to
Heading
2, more numbers, the text box used to "hide" the word "cont'd" on the
first
page of a table now covers part of the table title too because of the
increase in numbers.

it is possible to get an object to move vertically with text, but it seems
you need the object to move horizontally. Since it is floating over some
text ("Cont'd"), I am afraid that you will have to adjust it manually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set the horizontal position to a specific amount "Relative to
Character," and this might work in this instance if the anchor character
were one that wouldn't move (or that would move in the same way as the text
being covered up (I'm not clear from the OP's message whether it's the table
caption or the anchor text that's changing length).

Good one Suzanne!
In nearly 20 years I have never ever used that!

So much to learn, so little time!

Thanks for the info.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I don't think I have, either, and of course it hasn't been available for 20
years--probably no earlier than Word 2000 or perhaps even 2002.

Good point!
So I am just half as ignorant as I thought I was! ;-)