Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ll ll is offline

Default multiplication formula

I am trying to multiply 2 numbers across in a table. I don't know why I'm
having so much trouble. I have a table with 7 cells across. Cell 1 is text,
cell 2 is text, cell 3 is a number, cell 4 is text, cell 5 is a number, cell
6 is text and cell 7 should be the multiplication answer. In cell 7, I have
the formula: =PRODUCT(LEFT), which should calculate all the numbers across
and skip any text. It doesn't work. It will work if I omit 1 column
therefore having the 2 columns with the numbers next to each other. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks, ll
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Formulas using (ABOVE) and (LEFT) stop whenever they encounter a blank cell
or one containing text. For this to work, you'll have to use specific cell
references.

http://word.mvps.org

"ll" wrote in message
I am trying to multiply 2 numbers across in a table. I don't know why I'm
having so much trouble. I have a table with 7 cells across. Cell 1 is
text,
cell 2 is text, cell 3 is a number, cell 4 is text, cell 5 is a number,
cell
6 is text and cell 7 should be the multiplication answer. In cell 7, I
have
the formula: =PRODUCT(LEFT), which should calculate all the numbers
across
and skip any text. It doesn't work. It will work if I omit 1 column
therefore having the 2 columns with the numbers next to each other. Any
help
would be appreciated. Thanks, ll

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ll ll is offline

I did try putting in where the formula should be: =PRODUCT(C1*E1), but that
didn't work either - could tell me what I'm doing wrong?