Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
luis luis is offline

Default how do I table/colum between existing text

Helo,
I'm not sure if this is possible, but here goes:

I am trying to insert a couple of thin table between text in an existing
document.

I'd like to insert colum between the two without having to retype the whole
page.

I've been looking but been unable to find out how to do it!

if it's possible,

Please let me know how.
thanks,
Luis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not sure I'm visualizing exactly what you want to do, but if you want to
insert a table with text wrapped around it, you can either wrap the table
itself (set the wrapping to Around on the Table tab of Table Properties) or
insert the table in a text box or frame.

http://word.mvps.org

"luis" wrote in message
Helo,
I'm not sure if this is possible, but here goes:

I am trying to insert a couple of thin table between text in an existing
document.

I'd like to insert colum between the two without having to retype the
whole
page.

I've been looking but been unable to find out how to do it!

if it's possible,

Please let me know how.
thanks,
Luis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
luis luis is offline

it's for a questionaire.

this is what it looks like:

at this time prior
Comments
(table here) (table here)
2 sets of four colums per line

N/A Lying down 4 colums 4 colums ___________________

N/A Sitting 4 colums 4 colums ______________
N/A Standing etc etc.
__________________________ N/A Walking etc etc.
____________________________
N/A Lifting/carrying ____________________________
N/A Driving a car ____________________________
N/A Overhead reaching ____________________________
N/A Housework ____________________________
what im trying to do is insert two tables the length of the questionaire,
between the question and the lines.

each with 4 colums each for check marks.

than alternate shading on each line so it will make it easier for the people
read it and complete it.

I'm using word 2007

I hope that made some sence.

thanks,
Luis

"luis" wrote in message
Helo,
I'm not sure if this is possible, but here goes:

I am trying to insert a couple of thin table between text in an existing
document.

I'd like to insert colum between the two without having to retype the
whole
page.

I've been looking but been unable to find out how to do it!

if it's possible,

Please let me know how.
thanks,
Luis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In this case, you have two choices:

1. Make a nine-column table, leaving the fifth column empty, to simulate the
look of two tables.

2. Insert a two-column section and put a table in each column.

http://word.mvps.org