Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
annasund annasund is offline

Default table from excel to word

I have copied an excel table to word, but how do I do if I want the table to
"lay down" on a whole A4 page in Word? Is there a function to flip a table in
word that´s been taken from excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes, you need to create a separate section with landscape orientation. See
the first part http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"annasund" wrote in message
I have copied an excel table to word, but how do I do if I want the table
"lay down" on a whole A4 page in Word? Is there a function to flip a table
in
word that´s been taken from excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Are you wishing to transpose your rows and columns? You can do this in Excel
before you paste into Word. Copy the cells in Excel, click in another cell,
select Paste Special and then place a checkmark in the transpose box. You can
then copy this table into Word.
--
Rae Drysdale

"annasund" wrote:

I have copied an excel table to word, but how do I do if I want the table to
"lay down" on a whole A4 page in Word? Is there a function to flip a table in
word that´s been taken from excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

If this is a "static" table that will remain unchanged and independent of the
excel file then one easy way to transfer the table is as follows:

1. Format the table in Excel exactly as you want it to appear in Word.
2. Select the table in Excel
3. Click on the PASTE clip board icon in the HOME Tab
4. At the bottom of the PASTE pop-up that appears select "as Picture"
5. In the "Copy as Picture" dialog box /window that appears select "As
Shown when Printed"
6. Click "OK"
7. Paste the copied image into Word

This creates an enhanced metafile with embeded fonts and vector graphics
that can easily be resized and moved in Word without distorting the fonts.

"annasund" wrote:

I have copied an excel table to word, but how do I do if I want the table to
"lay down" on a whole A4 page in Word? Is there a function to flip a table in
word that´s been taken from excel?

convet word table in to excel table? mani Microsoft Word Help 1 May 27th 08 02:51 PM
excel table in word bbranch Tables 4 April 16th 07 03:42 PM
Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel yvonnedemulder Tables 1 December 6th 05 06:49 PM
Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel yvonnedemulder Microsoft Word Help 4 December 6th 05 06:49 PM
Converting a Word Table into an Excel Table? Miss Need to Know Tables 1 May 27th 05 12:57 AM