Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naser Mohammed[_2_] Naser Mohammed[_2_] is offline

Default How to search only word files in computer?

I want to gather and see the all word files which are in computer.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to search only word files in computer?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can search for all Word files on your computer:
  1. Open File Explorer on your computer by pressing the Windows key + E on your keyboard.
  2. In the search bar at the top right corner of the window, type in "*.docx" (without the quotes). This will search for all Word files with the .docx file extension.
  3. Press Enter or click on the magnifying glass icon to start the search.
  4. Wait for the search to complete. This may take a few minutes depending on how many Word files you have on your computer.
  5. Once the search is complete, you should see a list of all the Word files on your computer that match your search criteria.
  6. You can then browse through the list to find the specific Word file you're looking for.

If you're looking for Word files with a different file extension (such as .doc or .rtf), simply replace "*.docx" in step 2 with the file extension you're looking for.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Search dialog box (Windows key + F), you can specify the file type
that you want to search.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Naser Mohammed" wrote in message
I want to gather and see the all word files which are in computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Papa Tom Papa Tom is offline

Click START, then select SEARCH. In the blank box that says "All or
part of the file name," type *.doc (the asterisk symbol above the
number 8, a period, and the letters doc.) This instructs Windows to
search for any file that ends with .doc , which would be all Word
documents.