Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordQueen WordQueen is offline

Default Can I print a list of bookmarks in a document or template?

I need to print a list of bookmark names in a template. I can't figure out
how to do so. Any words of wisdom?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could do it with a macro. The following will list all the bookmarks in a
new document.

Dim aDoc As Document
Dim bDoc As Document
Set aDoc = ActiveDocument
Set bDoc = Documents.Add
For i = 1 To aDoc.Bookmarks.Count
sBn = aDoc.Bookmarks(i).name
bDoc.Range.InsertAfter sBn & vbCr
Next i
bDoc.Activate

WordQueen wrote:
I need to print a list of bookmark names in a template. I can't
figure out how to do so. Any words of wisdom?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi WordQueen,

The following macro generates a list of all bookmarks at the end of the active document, together with their contents:
Sub ListBkMrks()
Dim oBkMrk As Bookmark
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Count 0 Then
With Selection
.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
.TypeText Text:=vbCrLf & "Bookmark" & vbTab & "Contents"
For Each oBkMrk In ActiveDocument.Bookmarks
.TypeText Text:=vbCrLf & oBkMrk.Name & vbTab & oBkMrk.Range.Text
Next oBkMrk
End With
End If
End Sub

--
Cheers
macropod

"WordQueen" wrote in message ...
I need to print a list of bookmark names in a template. I can't figure out
how to do so. Any words of wisdom?

SHNABY SHNABY is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordQueen View Post
I need to print a list of bookmark names in a template. I can't figure out
how to do so. Any words of wisdom?
Hi WordQueen,
The quickest way to extract a list of bookmark is to run a macro.
The following macro will export all bookmarks within a document to a new document and arrange bookmark names, texts, and page numbers in a table.

Just press "Alt+ F11" to open VBA editor, create a new module and run the following codes:

Sub ExtractBookmarksInADoc()
Dim objBookmark As Bookmark
Dim objTable As Table
Dim nRow As Integer
Dim objDoc As Document, objNewDoc As Document
Dim objParagraph As Paragraph

Set objDoc = ActiveDocument

If objDoc.Bookmarks.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox ("There is no bookmark in this document.")
Else
Set objNewDoc = Documents.Add

Selection.TypeText Text:="Bookmarks in " & "'" & objDoc.Name & "'"

Set objTable = Selection.Tables.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, numrows:=1, numcolumns:=3)
objTable.Borders.Enable = True
nRow = 1

For Each objParagraph In objNewDoc.Paragraphs
If objParagraph.Range.Style = "Caption" Then
objParagraph.Range.Delete
End If
Next objParagraph

With objTable
.Cell(1, 1).Range.Text = "Name"
.Cell(1, 2).Range.Text = "Texts"
.Cell(1, 3).Range.Text = "Page Number"

For Each objBookmark In objDoc.Bookmarks
objTable.Rows.Add
nRow = nRow + 1
.Cell(nRow, 1).Range.Text = objBookmark.Name
.Cell(nRow, 2).Range.Text = objBookmark.Range.Text
.Cell(nRow, 3).Range.Text = objBookmark.Range.Information(wdActiveEndAdjustedP ageNumber)
objDoc.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=.Cell(nRow, 3).Range, Address:=objDoc.Name, _
SubAddress:=objBookmark.Name, TextToDisplay:=.Cell(nRow, 3).Range.Text
Next objBookmark
End With
End If
objNewDoc.SaveAs2 FileName:=objDoc.Path & "\" & "Bookmarks in " & objDoc.Name
End Sub

The page numbers are in link, so you can follow them and quickly jump to the bookmark location.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this article:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/batc...word-document/

Hope that helps!

SHNABY

Last edited by SHNABY : April 25th 17 at 08:20 AM