Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeeDeeCee DeeDeeCee is offline

Default What are Green double-strikethrough and double-underline?

I compared two documents, both of which I am the sole author. I'd obviously
combined a great deal of the information in the past. In addition to the red
underline for additions and the red strikethrough for deletions, there was a
lot of green text, sometimes with a double underline and sometimes with a
double strike-through. Can somebody explain what that means? Thanks.

ddc
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: What are Green double-strikethrough and double-underline?

  1. To remove the green double-strikethrough or double-underline, simply select the text and click on the "Strikethrough" or "Underline" button again to turn off the formatting.
  2. If you want to remove all formatting from the text, you can select the text and then click on the "Clear Formatting" button in the "Font" section of the "Home" tab.

If you're seeing these formatting options in a document that you didn't create, it's possible that someone else applied the formatting intentionally. However, it's also possible that the formatting was applied accidentally or as a result of a compatibility issue between different versions of Word.

If you're still having trouble with the formatting, you can try copying and pasting the text into a new document to see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may need to manually remove the formatting by selecting the text and using the "Clear Formatting" button.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's the new invention called Track Moves. You can turn it off in
the Track Changes Options window, and you probably should, because
it's quite dysfunctional. (1) It only tracks moves of complete
sentences; (2) It won't track the moving of a sentence that contains
any tracked changes; and (3) If Track Moves is turned on, you can't
Reject a Move. The only way to undo a tracked move is to turn off
Track Changes, cut the passage from its new spot, and paste it in
place of the double-crossed-out passage in the original spot.

Double-underline Gladys Tables 4 March 16th 09 08:41 PM
Unremovable Double Underline livetohike Microsoft Word Help 2 February 12th 08 04:55 PM
Double Underline nubianmoon Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 07 05:12 PM
How can I change the position of a double underline? Lori H. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 06 07:10 PM
double underline Brett Microsoft Word Help 2 March 18th 05 03:01 PM