Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dsimmonds_neca dsimmonds_neca is offline

Default 2007word mail merge preview doesnt work

when i mail merge letters it works but i can't preview them without running a
auto check for errors but then i cant save anything or my mail merge no
longer works. i didn't have this issue until after 6/8th. something happen w
software since then?
--
denae
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It seems OK here.

It may be worth doing Word-Office button-Word Options-Resources-Run
Microsoft office diagnostics.

However, something I have frequently experienced is that when Word 2007
is terminated as a result of an auto-update, Word's Data key in the
Windows registry is corrupted. Last time I looked, the Diagnostics do
not check that. That may have changed, but see e.g.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

and take note of the fact that deleting this key will undo other Word
settings.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

dsimmonds_neca wrote:
when i mail merge letters it works but i can't preview them without running a
auto check for errors but then i cant save anything or my mail merge no
longer works. i didn't have this issue until after 6/8th. something happen w
software since then?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

On Jul 18, 1:23*am, dsimmonds_neca
wrote:
when i mail merge letters it works but i can't preview them without running a
auto check for errors but then i cant save anything or my mail merge no
longer works. i didn't have this issue until after 6/8th. something happen w
software since then?
--
denae

Hi Denae:

Sometimes Word seems to "get ahead of itself" with mail mergee. If
your mail merge toolbar is not active, click back into Outlook, and
click back into Word - all fine.

Cheers
Cathy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dsimmonds_neca dsimmonds_neca is offline

thank you
i ran the diagnostics and it didn't help as you suspected
how do i check the registry?
what i've discovered is that my mail merge works i just can't preview it. if
i do a print preview i see it, if i run an error report i can preview and
print it. it's just the preview button that no longer works. strange
--
denae

dsimmonds_neca wrote:
when i mail merge letters it works but i can't preview them without running a
auto check for errors but then i cant save anything or my mail merge no
longer works. i didn't have this issue until after 6/8th. something happen w
software since then?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dsimmonds_neca dsimmonds_neca is offline

thanks but my mail merge is not connected to outlook. my merges are either
connected to another word document or my access database. i've discovered the
preview button is not working but the merge is working i just cant preview it.
--
denae

wrote:
when i mail merge letters it works but i can't preview them without running a
auto check for errors but then i cant save anything or my mail merge no
longer works. i didn't have this issue until after 6/8th. something happen w
software since then?
--
denae

Hi Denae:

Sometimes Word seems to "get ahead of itself" with mail mergee. If
your mail merge toolbar is not active, click back into Outlook, and
click back into Word - all fine.

Cheers
Cathy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I was pretty sure the information was near the top of the link I gave:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

If not, try

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

(even though your problem has nothing to do with missing menus)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk