Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
checkmate checkmate is offline

Default Mailmerge PDF files

Having problems using pdf, publisher files for mail merge
If I use a standard word doc once transmitted, the spacing moves on the doc
received
also when selecting list "existing" once I click the screen goes bland back
to desk top
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How are you merging to PDF? See the add-in that you can download from
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
or
If you have the Acrobat add-in installed (certainly versions 8 and 9 and
probably earlier versions ... it's been a while) you can merge directly to
Adobe PDF

Formatting is largely determined by the printer driver, so set the PDF
driver as active printer and check the layout before merging.

checkmate wrote:
Having problems using pdf, publisher files for mail merge
If I use a standard word doc once transmitted, the spacing moves on
the doc received
also when selecting list "existing" once I click the screen goes
bland back to desk top

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

checkmate wrote:
Having problems using pdf, publisher files for mail merge
If I use a standard word doc once transmitted, the spacing moves on
the doc received
also when selecting list "existing" once I click the screen goes
bland back to desk top- Hide quoted text -

Hi Graham:

Are you saying you can mail merge to pdf from Word? Does that also
mean you could use this if you are running a mail merge to email from
Outlook?? Sorry if I miunderstood, but I just got very excited
reading this post!! (I know, get a life!! :-))
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Cathy Allington wrote:

Hi Graham:

Are you saying you can mail merge to pdf from Word? Does that also
mean you could use this if you are running a mail merge to email from
Outlook?? Sorry if I miunderstood, but I just got very excited
reading this post!! (I know, get a life!! :-))

If you use the add-in from my web site you can merge to PDF
If you have Acrobat 8 or 9 (not the reader) and have the Word add-in
installed, you should be able to merge to PDF and e-mail the results using
the Acrobat add-in (though there may be conflicts with the splitmerge add-in
if you have both installed which means you must dismiss the prompt from the
splitmerge add-in when merging from Acrobat).
If you have created the PDFs separately you can use the method at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm to merge the
PDFs to e-mail, or you could use the MAPILab's Mailmerge toolkit add-in for
Outlook to merge with attachments
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/