Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Olga Olga is offline

Default Merge document disconnected from data source

When I try to open a merge document, a message "word cannot find its data
source" comes up and asks for 2 options "find data source" to reconnect to
data source or "options" with 2 other options "remove data/header source" and
"remove all merge info". How can I keep both documents connected?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word will have a much easier time finding its data source if you put the
data file in the My Data Sources folder or the same folder as the merge
document. Don't forget to save the merge document having added the data
source.