Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Catch 23 Catch 23 is offline

Default Word is BUGGY!

Try this:

1. Set Word to flag multiple spaces after a full stop.

2. Type three sentences.

3. Insert a second space after the period at the end of the first
sentence. Word should flag it with a green wiggly underline.

4. Place the cursor between the two spaces and press Delete. Word
continues to flag the error that is no longer there.

5. Retype the period. The error flag goes away.

This does not occur if the extra space is deleted using backspace or
if the first space is deleted.

Did anyone with a pulse test this thing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Catch 23 wrote:
Try this:
1. Set Word to flag multiple spaces after a full stop.

OK

2. Type three sentences.

Done

3. Insert a second space after the period at the end of the first
sentence. Word should flag it with a green wiggly underline.

It does. Error is flagged

4. Place the cursor between the two spaces and press Delete. Word
continues to flag the error that is no longer there.

Agreed

5. Retype the period. The error flag goes away.

Don't you mean re-type the space? The period is still there. Pressing delete
removes the space.
The error flag however remains in place, but is removed from between
sentence 2 and sentence 3.
Restore the space and the flag remains missing from between sentence 2 and 3
until the cursor is moved away.

This does not occur if the extra space is deleted using backspace or
if the first space is deleted.

Correct

Did anyone with a pulse test this thing?

There is no such thing as bug free software. In the wider scheme of things,
this one is hardly momentous but is another justification for turning off
grammar checking while you type.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

FWIW, this function works perfectly for a one or two space setting between
sentences in Word 2010.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Catch 23" wrote in message
Try this:

1. Set Word to flag multiple spaces after a full stop.

2. Type three sentences.

3. Insert a second space after the period at the end of the first
sentence. Word should flag it with a green wiggly underline.

4. Place the cursor between the two spaces and press Delete. Word
continues to flag the error that is no longer there.

5. Retype the period. The error flag goes away.

This does not occur if the extra space is deleted using backspace or
if the first space is deleted.

Did anyone with a pulse test this thing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Catch 23 Catch 23 is offline

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:22:24 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Catch 23 wrote:
[...]

I meant what I said. Deleting the second space as I described fixes
the grammar error, but Word continues to flag what is no longer an
error. Retyping the period (apparently) causes Word to reexamine it is
discover that it is no longer in error.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is not limited to the grammar checker. I often find that spelling
errors continue to be flagged even after I've corrected them. If I page down
and back up or switch to Print Preview or do something else to refresh the
display, this usually clears the formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Catch 23 wrote:
[...]

Is Word 2003 SP2 Mailmerge buggy? Mike[_9_] Mailmerge 6 December 11th 08 05:44 PM
Buggy tables and styles RoxSn Tables 0 March 16th 07 04:14 PM
Word Bug: Find/Replace wildcards while track changes is turned on is buggy [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 February 24th 06 09:35 AM
buggy new-page layout in Word 2003 Excrafts Page Layout 3 January 4th 06 12:44 AM
Buggy Hyperlink in Word Diana Microsoft Word Help 0 February 4th 05 10:07 PM