Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gunther Kint Gunther Kint is offline

Default putting titles into footers

Hi,

I have a problem to automaticly put the title of a chapter into my footers
When I start chapter one (automaticly lay-out) it should put on the
following pages this title.
After that I start chapter two, the pages after that should be that title.

How can I do this.

Thanks for answering.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Gunther Kint wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem to automaticly put the title of a chapter into my
footers When I start chapter one (automaticly lay-out) it should put
on the following pages this title.
After that I start chapter two, the pages after that should be that
title.
How can I do this.

Thanks for answering.

Use a specific style to format the chapter titles (it could be the built-in
style named Title, or another built-in style, or one you create yourself).

Put a StyleRef field in the footer, and put the style's name into the field
code (look up the StyleRef field in the help). It will always display the
text of the most recent paragraph formatted with that style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use the StyleRef field referencing it to the style of your chapter heading.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP