Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Alternating columns

I have three column table that will span more than one page. There are
numerous tables throughout the document.
On even pages, I need the left most column to be a "Notes" column and on odd
pages the right column should be labeled "Notes"
I tried to make a multipage table, set different Odd and Even pages, typed
in field header in the first row, but that didnt word for me
Hopefully I have explained properly
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

[I think I understand!] You cannot do that with a table. Using mirror
margins will give you different headers for Odd and Even pages. But you
cannot get table to invert itself as it traverses pages.

What you can do is to create a large Outside margin and add your notes to
the margin area using Text Boxes added to the outside margins.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"PA" wrote in message
I have three column table that will span more than one page. There are
numerous tables throughout the document.
On even pages, I need the left most column to be a "Notes" column and on
odd
pages the right column should be labeled "Notes"
I tried to make a multipage table, set different Odd and Even pages, typed
in field header in the first row, but that didnt word for me
Hopefully I have explained properly
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you just need a "scholar's margin" (that is, you are allowing space for
people to write by hand, and you are not intending to insert any text using
Word, then use "Different odd and even" margins, making one margin large
enough for your Notes column, and put the word "Notes" in the header or in a
text box or frame anchored to the header.

http://word.mvps.org

"PA" wrote in message
I have three column table that will span more than one page. There are
numerous tables throughout the document.
On even pages, I need the left most column to be a "Notes" column and on
odd
pages the right column should be labeled "Notes"
I tried to make a multipage table, set different Odd and Even pages, typed
in field header in the first row, but that didnt word for me
Hopefully I have explained properly
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

The document is a How-to for one of our "mainframe" apps, and I am needing to
add text in that column as instructor notes.
I suppose getting very creative will be required.
Thanks for your feedback.

"PA" wrote in message
I have three column table that will span more than one page. There are
numerous tables throughout the document.
On even pages, I need the left most column to be a "Notes" column and on
odd
pages the right column should be labeled "Notes"
I tried to make a multipage table, set different Odd and Even pages, typed
in field header in the first row, but that didnt word for me
Hopefully I have explained properly
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Okay, sorry. FWIW, "Mirror margins" is what I meant rather than "Different
odd and even," though you'd need that, too.

http://word.mvps.org