Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
raymond raymond is offline

Default I cut & paste. Now, how do I shrink to fit to a regular size pape.

I have cut & paste from Excel worksheet. Now, how do I shrink to fit onto a
regular size paper, because right now, the printing is too big.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben M. Schorr, MVP Ben M. Schorr, MVP is offline

What version of Word are you using? Did you paste it as an image or as
text?
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"raymond" wrote in message
I have cut & paste from Excel worksheet. Now, how do I shrink to fit onto
regular size paper, because right now, the printing is too big.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you used regular cut and paste, the former worksheet is now a Word table.
You can change the font size by applying a paragraph style with the settings
you want to the table or by applying a font size manually (select the whole
table and choose the font size you want).
Another problem may be that the table is falling off the edge of the "paper."
Try modifying the table width (in table properties) to something less than
the text area width (say, 6 inches). If that works, then you can reset the
width to what you want. If that does not work you will need to temporarily
change the orientation and perhaps the paper size so you'll be able to see
all the borders and drag them.

I have to do this often. If someone has a better method, I'd like to hear
about it.

Tip: Setting the font, and font size, and column/table widths that will fit
the Word text area width before you copy an Excel file into Word can greatly
reduce the cleanup in Word.

Pam