Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sam[_4_] Sam[_4_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Automatically Adds File Path at End of File

My company has just upgraded to Office 2007. I noticed that MS Word
2007 automatically puts my initials, file name and path, and date/time
stamp at the end of each file. I tried, in vain, to figure out how I
can remove this. I opened normal.dotm but couldn't find anything at
the end of the file.

This is very annoying. I would VERY MUCH appreciae your help on
removing this automatic field. Thank you very much in advance.

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is this a separate sheet at the end or a footer on the last page? If the
former, press Ctrl+P, click Options, and clear the check box for "Document
properties." If the latter, press Alt+F9 to display field codes and examine
the footer in the last section of the document to see if it contains field
codes that would add these properties.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sam" wrote in message
My company has just upgraded to Office 2007. I noticed that MS Word
2007 automatically puts my initials, file name and path, and date/time
stamp at the end of each file. I tried, in vain, to figure out how I
can remove this. I opened normal.dotm but couldn't find anything at
the end of the file.

This is very annoying. I would VERY MUCH appreciae your help on
removing this automatic field. Thank you very much in advance.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sam[_4_] Sam[_4_] is offline

Thank you very much. The Alt+F9 did the trick. Much appreciated.

Sam

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Sam" wrote in message

My company has just upgraded to Office 2007. I noticed that MS Word
2007 automatically puts my initials, file name and path, and date/time
stamp at the end of each file. I tried, in vain, to figure out how I
can remove this. I opened normal.dotm but couldn't find anything at
the end of the file.

This is very annoying. I would VERY MUCH appreciae your help on
removing this automatic field. Thank you very much in advance.

Sam- Hide quoted text -