Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StargateFanNotAtHome StargateFanNotAtHome is offline

Default W07: headers not displaying (I believe not a white spaces issue)

My colleague received a new box yesterday. We access a folder full of
letters today and found that all of them were missing the header. It
turns out the images are all there, they're just not showing up, only
showing up in print preview.

I've google and googled but I haven't found a solution that works.
The most common one is the white spaces issues but all that does is
shorten the document if we click the double arrows (cutting off the
headers and footers) but doesn't resolve the display problem.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thank you! D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"StargateFanNotAtHome" wrote in
message
My colleague received a new box yesterday.

What sort of "box"?

We access a folder full of
letters today and found that all of them were missing the header.

What do you mean by "header"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StargateFanNotAtHome StargateFanNotAtHome is offline

Woops, sorry. I tend to use slang too much. Sorry, she received a
new CPU. The software and such will be pretty much identical, it'll
just be that settings and such need to be fine-tuned.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Are these invisible images in the headers the only ones in the
documents? If so, it may be just coincidence that the headers are
involved.

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced Show Document Content.
Make sure "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is checked, and
"Show picture placeholders" is not checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:09:51 -0700 (PDT), StargateFanNotAtHome
wrote:

My colleague received a new box yesterday. We access a folder full of
letters today and found that all of them were missing the header. It
turns out the images are all there, they're just not showing up, only
showing up in print preview.

I've google and googled but I haven't found a solution that works.
The most common one is the white spaces issues but all that does is
shorten the document if we click the double arrows (cutting off the
headers and footers) but doesn't resolve the display problem.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thank you! D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StargateFan[_2_] StargateFan[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:17:17 -0400, Jay Freedman
wrote:

Are these invisible images in the headers the only ones in the
documents? If so, it may be just coincidence that the headers are
involved.

Yes, and I see that I forgot to mention that the image in the footer
wasn't displaying either.

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced Show Document Content.
Make sure "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is checked, and
"Show picture placeholders" is not checked.

Thank you. I'll pass this information along to my colleague.
Hopefully the images in the header/footer are then displayed.

Cheers. D