Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Template Problem in Wood 2000

(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.)

I'm trying to change the default font of the headers and
footers in the "normal.dot" template. I have been able to
change the default font of the basic text, but when I try to
save the changes to the headers and footers it does not
"stick" - meaning that the next time I use that template the
basic text is the new font, but the headers and footers
remain with the default font.

Suggestions appreciated.

--
----------
CWLee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I presume you are using Format | Style and changing the font? Did you check
the Add to Template button?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CWLee" wrote in message
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.)

I'm trying to change the default font of the headers and footers in the
"normal.dot" template. I have been able to change the default font of the
basic text, but when I try to save the changes to the headers and footers
it does not "stick" - meaning that the next time I use that template the
basic text is the new font, but the headers and footers remain with the
default font.

Suggestions appreciated.

--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you changed the font of both Header and Footer styles and checked the
"Add to template" box in the Modify style dialog for both?

http://word.mvps.org

"CWLee" wrote in message
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.)

I'm trying to change the default font of the headers and footers in the
"normal.dot" template. I have been able to change the default font of the
basic text, but when I try to save the changes to the headers and footers
it does not "stick" - meaning that the next time I use that template the
basic text is the new font, but the headers and footers remain with the
default font.

Suggestions appreciated.

--
----------
CWLee
Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred
cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and
promote for performance, not preferences.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CWLee CWLee is offline

As the OP, I wrote:

I'm trying to change the default font of the headers and
footers in the "normal.dot" template. ...

Thanks to both the suggestions, I have solved that problem.
I was not aware of the Format - Style approach. I was
using what the Help menu suggested, which was to open the
template, make the changes, and then save.

I have another, related question, and it is shown below in
another post.

Thanks again.