Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeanne S Jeanne S is offline

Default Printing/formatting a word template/tables document Word 2003

I am having such difficulty printing. Document looks ok on screen but when I
print preview there are white spaces under the first set of tables and then
the next page is ok, third page cuts off and you cannot see it then next page
prints ok. I downloaded a template from the website and then used that to
create my newsletter. I am working in a 2003 doc type but cannot make it
print correctly. Also cannot seem to make it fit to one page horizontally
when printing or if I copy and past it into an email which is what I
ultimately want to do. Its possible that the newsletter I downloaded cannot
work right in 2003? I have both 2007 and 2003 on my computer and I may be
messing up with that?? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You've asked a heap of questions that only a clairvoyant can answer because
we cannot see what you are trying to do or with what.

My first suggestion is that you turn on the ShowAll command so that you can
see the non-printing characters which may give you a clue to the odd blank
spacing. Also check the paragraph formatting for space settings.

When you say 'horizontally', do you mean one page is in landscape? Many
printers cannot handle mixed portrait and landscape on the same sheet of
paper (when duplex printing).

Thirdly, if this is for pasting into an email, you need to understand that
there is no such thing as a page in an email as emails are a basic type of
HTML. I suggest that you either switch Word to Web Layout View and save as
an HTML document or you create this directly in your email client. Outlook
2007 is fine for doing this and if you limit yourself to Outlook's ability,
it will probably be received by the majority of recipients and still look
the similar.

There is no way to guarantee that the recipient will receive an in the
formatting that you send because they may use different mail clients or they
have set to always receive in plain text (for security reasons). So your
best bet would be to create your Newsletter in Word 2007 and save it as a
PDF. Email it to your clients as an attachment.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP