Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Moving Buttons/Dividers?

Most of my (Word 2000) usage is of 2 templates.

On one of them the buttons, left to right, a open
document, close document, new document, save, print, zoom,
(vertical divider), check spelling, (vertical divider), cut,
paste; then comes the "percentage zoom box".

On the other one the buttons are in a different sequence,
and have dividers at different places, as follows: new
document, open document, save, close document, (vertical
divider), print, zoom, check spelling, (vertical divider),
cut, copy, paste; then comes the "percentage zoom box".

Is it possible to move these buttons and vertical dividers
around so they are the same on both templates?

Many thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Right-click on the Toolbar and select Edit. You can then drag the buttons
around the toolbar.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CWLee" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you open the Customize dialog (via Tools | Customize or by
double-clicking on the toolbar or in any of a number of other ways), you can
drag buttons around. There is not (as in some applications) a specific
"button" for the divider, but if you drag the buttons far enough apart, one
will appear. Drag them closer together to close up the space (and delete the
divider).

http://word.mvps.org

"CWLee" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

There is actually a "divider" function: if you - while the Customize dialog
box is open - right-click a button/command, you can select "Begin a Group"
from the pop-up menu and this will insert a "divider" to the left of the
button/command you clicked.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"CWLee" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CWLee CWLee is offline

As the OP, I want to report that I'm very impressed with the
speed and accuracy of the responses to my questions. Where
do you ever learn all those details? I've searched through
Word help screens, and several books, and you guys beat them
all.

I've got another question, posted separately.

Best regards to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Mostly the answers are from the experience of years of going through the
same hurdles as you are meeting. Most of the MVPs (and other respondents)
have come to the newsgroups to find answers. After reading some of the other
messages, they realise how much they have been missing and how much they
know (and take for granted) that others don't know about. So there is a
mutual spread of the intricacies of Word, much of it written in various
support sites including http://word.mvps.org/ which also has a page of links
to other sites http://word.mvps.org/UsefulLinks/index.htm

One thing for sure is that no one knows everything about Word: there's just
far too much!

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CWLee" wrote in message

As the OP, I want to report that I'm very impressed with the speed and
accuracy of the responses to my questions. Where do you ever learn all
those details? I've searched through Word help screens, and several
books, and you guys beat them all.

I've got another question, posted separately.

Best regards to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But it's not a very transparent name, I think. It took me quite a while to
figure out that the command actually inserts a separator.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP