Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sam[_4_] Sam[_4_] is offline

Default How to Change Word 2007 Template?

Hello,

Every time I open a new Word 2007 document, it comes with a default
format that I don't want. I tried revising the Normal.dotm file
(actually, I found a few on my computer, so I cahnged them all), yet
the same old formatting still persists. I don't know what should I do.

I would really appreciate your help.

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm for
the "full" story.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

Every time I open a new Word 2007 document, it comes with a default
format that I don't want. I tried revising the Normal.dotm file
(actually, I found a few on my computer, so I cahnged them all), yet
the same old formatting still persists. I don't know what should I do.

I would really appreciate your help.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

In the Modify style dialog for the Normal style, click on "New documents
based on this template" before you click OK.

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

Every time I open a new Word 2007 document, it comes with a default
format that I don't want. I tried revising the Normal.dotm file
(actually, I found a few on my computer, so I cahnged them all), yet
the same old formatting still persists. I don't know what should I do.

I would really appreciate your help.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sam[_4_] Sam[_4_] is offline

"Sam" wrote:
Hello,

Every time I open a new Word 2007 document, it comes with a default
format that I don't want. I tried revising the Normal.dotm file
(actually, I found a few on my computer, so I cahnged them all), yet
the same old formatting still persists. I don't know what should I do.

I would really appreciate your help.

Sam- Hide quoted text -

could you please elaborate on where would I find this dialog. I'm a
bit lost! many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sam[_4_] Sam[_4_] is offline

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Sam" wrote:
Hello,

Every time I open a new Word 2007 document, it comes with a default
format that I don't want. I tried revising the Normal.dotm file
(actually, I found a few on my computer, so I cahnged them all), yet
the same old formatting still persists. I don't know what should I do..

I would really appreciate your help.

Sam- Hide quoted text -

could you please elaborate on where would I find this dialog. I'm a
bit lost! many thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I'm afraid none of these options worked. The format for the new file
goes back to the original setup. Any suggestions? Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless you have multiple user profiles on your PC, there should only be one
normal.dotm file and unless you have changed the location of that file, it
will be in the hidden folder accessed by typing
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates in the address bar of Windows Explorer or your
browser.

This can, and any other copy of normal.dotm in your profile should, be
deleted (with Word closed) which will restore the install defaults for the
normal template. What then do you want to change? It may be sufficient to
Change Styles Style Set Word 2003.