Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Keith Keith is offline

Default Word File - Backspace to Delete

I'm editing a file in Word 2007 (Vista) that was started in Word XP on a
different computer. Every time I try to use the backspace to delete, the
characters highlight in blue with a strikethrough rather that delete. How do
I turn this feature off? Very annoying, esp. the frustration in trying to
find an answer through the Help feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sounds like you have Track Changes enabled. Turn it off and accept all the
changes.

http://word.mvps.org

"Keith" wrote in message
I'm editing a file in Word 2007 (Vista) that was started in Word XP on a
different computer. Every time I try to use the backspace to delete, the
characters highlight in blue with a strikethrough rather that delete. How
do
I turn this feature off? Very annoying, esp. the frustration in trying to
find an answer through the Help feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

I'm editing a file in Word 2007 (Vista) that was started in Word XP on a
different computer. Every time I try to use the backspace to delete, the
characters highlight in blue with a strikethrough rather that delete. How do
I turn this feature off? Very annoying, esp. the frustration in trying to
find an answer through the Help feature.

First lesson in Microsoft products: Never expect any help in Help. Its the most obscure, irrelevant, mindless help system ever
devised. Often you input the very phrase or error message in the program to no avail. Its like they forget to put in stuff in
their Help area the second they create it in the program. Google is your friend here. MS Help is like a stupid, ignorant
acquaintance that babbles incessantly about nothing.