Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zxcvar zxcvar is offline

Default Any future problem in saving in Wordpad

Greetings! When I see an interesting document [like an article in New
York Times] in Web, I save them in Wordpad by using paste special.
Saving in Wordpad is much faster than in Word. Will it cause any
problems later on [say after five years] in opening these documents in
Word? With thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Nobody can guarantee what the future will bring but WordPad's default format
is RTF which will most likely be usable for quite some time. If for some
reason the industry trends away from RTF there will most likely be 'warning
signs' along the way with other formats to save the files into. I would
expect that RTF will be around for much more than 5 years.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/4/09 5:52 PM, in article
, "zxcvar"
wrote:

Greetings! When I see an interesting document [like an article in New
York Times] in Web, I save them in Wordpad by using paste special.
Saving in Wordpad is much faster than in Word. Will it cause any
problems later on [say after five years] in opening these documents in
Word? With thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Will[_4_] Will[_4_] is offline

Greetings! When I see an interesting document [like an article in New
York Times] in Web, I save them in Wordpad by using paste special.
Saving in Wordpad is much faster than in Word. Will it cause any
problems later on [say after five years] in opening these documents in
Word? With thanks.

Why not save the web page as a .htm file? Does it take up a lot more space?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

At least its likely to have better long-term support than Windows Write had ...

--
Cheers
macropod

future date problem aardvick Mailmerge 3 February 21st 09 12:59 AM
Opening and saving doc in Word 2003 but saves in wordpad, help? snowgoose Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 07 05:46 PM
Why did MS Word all of sudden start saving my docs. as Wordpad doc Mark Richardson Microsoft Word Help 1 November 12th 05 12:48 PM
Why are my word documents saving as wordpad? wirthbj Microsoft Word Help 2 October 7th 05 02:25 PM
saving everything in wordpad nissan3m New Users 2 June 1st 05 04:02 PM