Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ADKR ADKR is offline

Default Sening Word doc by email

Using word 2007 and Windows Mail.

When I try to send a Word doc by email I get the message:
"No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail icon
in the Control Panel"

I cannot find an email icon in the control panel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"ADKR" wrote in message
Using word 2007 and Windows Mail.

When I try to send a Word doc by email I get the message:
"No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail icon
in the Control Panel"

I cannot find an email icon in the control panel.

Word is looking for a fully MAPI-compliant Email client - i.e. Outlook.
AFAIK there are certain non-Outlook mail clients that don't have the proper
MAPI engine setup - I think Windows Mail is one of them.
I'm not sure whether there is a workaround for it, but in the meantime you
may have to be content with saving the file, and opening a new mail message
and adding it as an attachment rather than the other way round.
You could try Mozilla Thunderbird as a mail client - AFAIK that's fully MAPI
compliant...