Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AnandJ AnandJ is offline

Default paragraph numbering change

On Comparing 2 .docx documents Using the compare feature of Word2007[all
options in the compared feature are checked],I get all other changes in red
..Only the paragraph numbering change is shown in grey color.Also on clicking
the Review-Changes-Next the para numbering change is not considered as a
change.
Example follows ----
doc 1
1.1 ABCD

DOC2
1.2-ABCD

COMPARED DOC
1.1(striked out and in grey color) 1.2 ABCD

Is there a way to make word consider it as a change when clicking the
Review-Changes-Next and mark changes in red for para numbering change it
either by progamming OR by some setting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I belive the different color is because you (almost) never change paragraph
numbers directly; instead, they are changed by Word as you add or remove
numbered paragraphs.

For the same reason, you don't get to accept (reject) the changed numbers
directly, but rather you accept (reject) them indirectly by accepting the
insertion and deletion of text paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AnandJ" wrote in message
On Comparing 2 .docx documents Using the compare feature of Word2007[all
options in the compared feature are checked],I get all other changes in
red
.Only the paragraph numbering change is shown in grey color.Also on
clicking
the Review-Changes-Next the para numbering change is not considered as
change.
Example follows ----
doc 1
1.1 ABCD

DOC2
1.2-ABCD

COMPARED DOC
1.1(striked out and in grey color) 1.2 ABCD

Is there a way to make word consider it as a change when clicking the
Review-Changes-Next and mark changes in red for para numbering change
it
either by progamming OR by some setting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AnandJ AnandJ is offline

Thanks for the info .
But is there a way to track this change as I want to make a utility that
catches the changed pages in the compared document and show them in pdf
format.
I can do it if a page has some textual changet but it never catches a page
which just has a paragraph numbering change and no text change...say for
example on a page there was para
1.1xxxxxx
i changed it to
1.2xxxxxx
so here there was no text change but a para numbering change...I some how
want to track this .
Hope I have been able to put across my quetsion correctly and request you to
help me out.

Thanks
AnandJ

"AnandJ" wrote in message
On Comparing 2 .docx documents Using the compare feature of Word2007[all
options in the compared feature are checked],I get all other changes in
red
.Only the paragraph numbering change is shown in grey color.Also on
clicking
the Review-Changes-Next the para numbering change is not considered as
change.
Example follows ----
doc 1
1.1 ABCD

DOC2
1.2-ABCD

COMPARED DOC
1.1(striked out and in grey color) 1.2 ABCD

Is there a way to make word consider it as a change when clicking the
Review-Changes-Next and mark changes in red for para numbering change
it
either by progamming OR by some setting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sorry, I doubt that this is possible. However, to find out for certain, you
should ask in a programming newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

paragraph numbering New user New Users 2 June 29th 09 09:57 AM
paragraph numbering Word Dummy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 09 12:56 AM
Word 2007 Paragraph numbering/restart numbering; Legal doc Sam Microsoft Word Help 23 October 5th 07 09:16 PM
Paragraph Numbering Montana Page Layout 2 December 19th 06 02:16 PM
Heading numbering plus individual paragraph numbering Julian Microsoft Word Help 1 September 11th 06 06:33 PM