Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross from Orlando Ross from Orlando is offline

Default Comments to Text

Use Word 2007. Someone sent me a document with several comments (using
Word's comment feature). What I'd like to do, if possible, is to
convert all the comments to text, to appear in the document in the
places with the corresponding comment markers. And if the text could
be in red font, so much the better. Any ideas? Thanks,

Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The following macro should do the trick:

Sub InlineComments()
Dim c As Comment
Dim r As Range
For Each c In ActiveDocument.Comments
Set r = c.Reference.Duplicate
r.InsertAfter "[" & c.Range.Text & "]"
r.Font.Color = wdColorRed
c.Delete
Next c
End Sub

If you need assistance with the macro, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in message
Use Word 2007. Someone sent me a document with several comments (using
Word's comment feature). What I'd like to do, if possible, is to
convert all the comments to text, to appear in the document in the
places with the corresponding comment markers. And if the text could
be in red font, so much the better. Any ideas? Thanks,

Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross from Orlando Ross from Orlando is offline

On Oct 13, 2:34*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
[...]

Ross- Hide quotedtext-

This works great, thanks so much.

Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 2:34 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
[...]

Show comments inline in text? Fraser Page Layout 7 May 5th 23 08:51 AM
how do I format comments to appear in balloon text laurab Microsoft Word Help 1 October 21st 08 10:11 PM
mouse over text for comments janina Microsoft Word Help 0 October 31st 06 12:36 PM
Text to Comments Ross Payne New Users 4 January 30th 05 07:14 PM
How do I display comments to the right of text? Major Jeff Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 05 11:19 PM