Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default documents are coming up as read only in word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Please use this large open space to fully explain your situation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tschurin Tschurin is offline

The same thing has happened to me.
I have XP and Word 2007. I'll open a file that does not have the "read-only"
box checked in the file properties.
Yet it becomes "read-only"?

This is apparently a growing problem (see "Annoying Read-only problem is
back") post filed June 11, 2009.
I wonder how many thousands of people this has to happen to before Microsoft
dicusses it in the knowledge-base?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Please use this large open space to fully explain your situation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amy amy is offline

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and Office Home and Student.
I am trying to open and edit a document that was created at work on XP and
Professional Office. Everytime I open the document it says it is read only.
I've changed trusted settings and it is still not opening in an editable
form. Does anyone have any ideas?????

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Please use this large open space to fully explain your situation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amy amy is offline

I figured it out. I was trying to read the document from an external hard
drive and apparently Windows 7 has to have permission to modify files from
the external hard drive. I gave permission and now it works.

Thanks!
Amy

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Please use this large open space to fully explain your situation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"karen" wrote in message

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
goldfish4breakfast goldfish4breakfast is offline

Hi Amy - I have my files on an external HD. If you see my message, how do you
give permission (or anybody who can answer this for me.
Many thanks.?

.