Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DJ DJ is offline

Default link text in word so second instance changes automatically

How can I link two places in Word so if one word changes it will change in
the second place also?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: link text in word so second instance changes automatically

You can easily link two places in Word so that if you change one instance, the other instance will automatically update. Here's how to do it:
  1. First, select the text that you want to link. This can be a single word, a phrase, or even an entire paragraph.
  2. Next, right-click on the selected text and choose "Copy" or press "Ctrl+C" on your keyboard.
  3. Now, navigate to the second place in your document where you want to insert the linked text.
  4. Right-click where you want to insert the linked text and choose "Paste Special" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Paste Link" and then choose the format you want to use for the linked text. For example, you might choose "Formatted Text (RTF)" if you want to preserve the formatting of the original text.
  6. Click "OK" to insert the linked text.

Now, if you make changes to the original text, the linked text will automatically update to reflect those changes. This can be a real time-saver if you have a large document with lots of repeated text!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm