Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
vnsterling vnsterling is offline

Default why can't i see new toolbars in a template.dot file?

To use the template with a document you have already created, copy the existing
text into the new document. Then select Tools†’Templates and Add-Ins,.
click the "Automatically update document styles" check box and OK.
Generally, after attaching the template, three additional toolbar
items automatically appear. If this does not occur, select View †’ Toolbars and
click "TitlePage", "TextTools" and "ListsCaptions".

These are explicit instruction I have, and yet when I follow them, I do not
see the 3 additional toolbar items they indicate, nor do I see the 3 items in
the drop-down menu they indicate. What am I doing wrong? I have acess to both
2003 and 2007 MS Word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Custom toolbars created in Word 2003 will appear on the Add-Ins tab when the
document is opened in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP