Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Caryn Caryn is offline

Default Column format

I'm trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board members on
the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column free for text, but
every time I create two columns, it goes into newsletter format and spreads
the names of the Advisory Board over both columns. Is there some way to keep
that text in the first column?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the "More complex letterhead" example at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"Caryn" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board members
on
the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column free for text, but
every time I create two columns, it goes into newsletter format and
spreads
the names of the Advisory Board over both columns. Is there some way to
keep
that text in the first column?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/L...ad.htm#Complex

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Caryn wrote:
I'm trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board
members on the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column
free for text, but every time I create two columns, it goes into
newsletter format and spreads the names of the Advisory Board over
both columns. Is there some way to keep that text in the first
column?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
courtney jennings courtney jennings is offline

Default Column Format...change to margin format

Try increasing the (I assume) left margin to 1.5-2" and don't use columns. You can use a text box to enclose your logo and the board members. Format the text box without a border and then you can float it anywhere...like the left side of the page you wanted. Good luck!

Caryn wrote:

Column format
22-Feb-10

I am trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board members on
the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column free for text, but
every time I create two columns, it goes into newsletter format and spreads
the names of the Advisory Board over both columns. Is there isome way to keep
that text in the first column?

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Caryn wrote:

Column format
22-Feb-10

I am trying to create a letterhead that prints the Advisory Board members on
the left side (1.5" column) and keeps the second column free for text, but
every time I create two columns, it goes into newsletter format and spreads
the names of the Advisory Board over both columns. Is there isome way to keep
that text in the first column?

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx

place foot/endnotes in single column format in double column doc? KateP Page Layout 1 July 10th 09 06:44 PM
table format w/#s in last column - how do I add up last column? Kris Arao Tables 1 May 12th 09 09:52 PM
Format a column? Raytje Page Layout 5 July 24th 06 01:38 PM
format footnote to no-column header followed by column Illinois Microsoft Word Help 2 November 22nd 05 07:41 PM
format column break Jack Microsoft Word Help 1 July 18th 05 09:59 AM