Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CIP.MNL[_2_] CIP.MNL[_2_] is offline

Default Endnotes from Footnotes

I am using Office 2007 and am converting my footnotes to endnotes,
preparatory to entering a different sequence of footnotes. The original
footnotes are numbered by section and appear at the foot of each page. When I
convert them to endnotes, despite setting the option that endnotes should
appear at section ends in the Footnote and Endnote dialogue box, the notes
are all placed at the end of the document. (They retain their original
'within section' numbering, however.) I have tried asking them to be moved
section by section and globally, but to no avail. I have converted the file
from compatibility mode but still have the same problem.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

With the insertion point in Section 1, go to the Page Setup dialog (the
easiest way is to double-click on the ruler). On the Layout tab, make sure
that the "Suppress endnotes" box isn't checked. Repeat as needed for each
section.

http://word.mvps.org

"CIP.MNL" wrote in message
I am using Office 2007 and am converting my footnotes to endnotes,
preparatory to entering a different sequence of footnotes. The original
footnotes are numbered by section and appear at the foot of each page.
When I
convert them to endnotes, despite setting the option that endnotes should
appear at section ends in the Footnote and Endnote dialogue box, the notes
are all placed at the end of the document. (They retain their original
'within section' numbering, however.) I have tried asking them to be moved
section by section and globally, but to no avail. I have converted the
file
from compatibility mode but still have the same problem.
Has anyone any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"CIP.MNL" wrote in message
I am using Office 2007 and am converting my footnotes to endnotes,
preparatory to entering a different sequence of footnotes. The original
footnotes are numbered by section and appear at the foot of each page.
When I
convert them to endnotes, despite setting the option that endnotes should
appear at section ends in the Footnote and Endnote dialogue box, the notes
are all placed at the end of the document. (They retain their original
'within section' numbering, however.) I have tried asking them to be moved
section by section and globally, but to no avail. I have converted the
file
from compatibility mode but still have the same problem.
Has anyone any suggestions?

footnotes/endnotes Amy Microsoft Word Help 5 April 24th 09 03:08 PM
Footnotes and endnotes Tyro New Users 3 April 21st 08 02:13 PM
Footnotes and Endnotes de Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 07 02:20 AM
Converting footnotes to endnotes suroora Microsoft Word Help 2 July 20th 07 01:22 PM
Footnotes and Endnotes John FM Holstein Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 05 10:43 AM