Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan Susan is offline

Default Not Able to Move Indent Markers

Hello!

For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list into my document, my indent
markers on the ruler are frozen. Any idea as to why I am not able to move
them? Please advise.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that the safest approach to change the indentation of numbered lists is
via the numbering options.

Which version of Word are you using?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Susan" wrote in message
Hello!

For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list into my document, my indent
markers on the ruler are frozen. Any idea as to why I am not able to move
them? Please advise.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan Susan is offline

I have Word 2003. I am trying to move my bullets to a different mark on the
ruler, but both indentation markers seem to be frozen and won't move at all.

Thanks!

"Susan" wrote in message
Hello!

For some reason, when I insert a bulleted list into my document, my indent
markers on the ruler are frozen. Any idea as to why I am not able to move
them? Please advise.

Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is style-based numbering, modify the numbering (including
indentation) via the Modify Style dialog box. In the dialog box, click
Format, and then click Numbering.

To open the dialog, you can right-click the style name in the Styles and
Formatting pane (Format | Styles and Formatting) and choose Modify from the
context menu.

If you didn't use styles to create numbering, place the insertion point in
the first level 1 paragraph of your list. Click Format | Bullets and
Formatting. Click the Customize button. Change the values for "Number
position," "Aligned at," "Tab space after" and so forth. See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP