Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Way to make a semi-permanent page break?

I want to create a page beak that will keep the heading formatting
from bleeding over onto the previous page, as well as keep that
heading and the following text on the next page. I know to do Ctrl+E,
as well as create a break, and then select new page, but what always
happens is that if I select text immediately above the page break, and
delete it, the page break is removed. What can I do to create a
(semi) permanent page break?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Format the heading (style) so that it has the Keep with next attribute set
in its Paragraph Formatting.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"PRR" wrote in message
I want to create a page beak that will keep the heading formatting
from bleeding over onto the previous page, as well as keep that
heading and the following text on the next page. I know to do Ctrl+E,
as well as create a break, and then select new page, but what always
happens is that if I select text immediately above the page break, and
delete it, the page break is removed. What can I do to create a
(semi) permanent page break?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Doug, Heading 1 (and all subsequent headings, as I based them on the
previous heading) is already set to keep with next.

I did notice another option that was unchecked--Page Break Before. Now
if I check that, will it automatically give me a new page every time I
use heading 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Never mind. I see now that it does. I don't want to make heading 1 at
the top of a new page every single time.....

On Mar 7, 7:11*pm, PRR wrote:
Doug, Heading 1 (and all subsequent headings, as I based them on the
previous heading) is already set to keep with next.

I did notice another option that was unchecked--Page Break Before. Now
if I check that, will it automatically give me a new page every time I
use heading 1?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have an empty paragraph between the Heading 1 style paragraph and the
following text?

If so, you should remove it and if you want a space, format the Heading 1
style so that it has space after it.