Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bvicari bvicari is offline

Default Line breaks in bulleted list

I have created a custom multilevel list in Word 2007, but whenever I make a
line break by hitting enter, the formatting goes back to "Normal" and I lose
my bullets. Usually when I am using bulleted lists, pressing enter brings me
to the same bullet level I was at previously. How do I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you say a custom multilevel list do you mean that you have created a
style for the list. If so, in the Style definition dialog, the style for
the following paragraph needs to be set to that style, rather than Normal.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"bvicari" wrote in message
I have created a custom multilevel list in Word 2007, but whenever I make
line break by hitting enter, the formatting goes back to "Normal" and I
lose
my bullets. Usually when I am using bulleted lists, pressing enter brings
me
to the same bullet level I was at previously. How do I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Doug has said, note that even if the multilevel list was
NOT created with paragraph styles, the behavior when you press Enter (at the
end of a paragraph) is determined by the "Style for following paragraph"
setting for the paragraph style applied to text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP